Skip to content

Towne Square Concept E - Facelift

As part of our plan to revitalize Oakville’s historic downtown, the town is redesigning Towne Square, a small but unique public space located at 210 Lakeshore Road. Building on the work done on the downtown streetscape design, a new design for Towne Square will enhance the vibrancy of the neighbourhood and provide more opportunities for public events.

A few things to keep in mind:

• If you like some elements from one design, but other elements from another, feel free to take a mix and match approach. Please clearly indicate your preferences in your comments.
  • Most of Towne Square is built over an underground parking garage, making it a challenge to plant trees in the space.

Show your support for other people’s comments

You have ten votes (maximum three votes per comment), so use them to show support for your favourite comment(s). Remember to visit often. You can always change your vote as new comments come in.

For more information on this project and additional opportunities to provide input, visit the Towne Square Redevelopment page.

The deadline to provide feedback is January 14, 2019.

47 results found

1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. K.I.S.S. and think of the other 8 months : designers and AHJs read this !

2018.11.02 2130hrs please don't spend any more time on this .. keep it simple .. consider the other 3 seasons .. if you like to draw as much as you do (and I do, I'm an architect) consider a winter setting with snow and salt .. lose the grass idea - this is as urban a setting as there is and not enough space to make grass work without extensive maintenance (I can see all of the snow fence and T-poles around the grass every spring) .. embrace your nearby Dog training facility and think of this as another great…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Its okay

I would like to see a tourist attraction like the Toronto sign but with the Oakville logo instead. People would post pics on social media which will be good for tourism. Whichever concept is chosen please avoid steep ramps. Those are hard for people with walkers/wheelchairs. I don't like concrete barriers or pillars. Make sure to use real grass on green spaces. I like to see milkweed & plants than insects use for pollination to sustain their population. I'd like to have one clock tower but not scattered lamposts ike in concept E. Some artwork or sculture would be cool.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. I like the large grass area. Maybe cut back on some of the centre court trees which may interfere with stage events in the square

I like the large grass area. Maybe cut back on some of the centre court trees which may interfere with stage events in the square?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Preference of Concept E over D with a few additional suggestions

• grass and trees is not important in this space, more interesting would be plantings and/or gardens featuring native species
    • would like to see municipal presence in this space, maybe not Town Hall but some sort of year round municipal administration presence like economic development, rec/culture, planning, environment/ community sustainability, etc. --> something where the Town can lease out some space in this area
    • any possible joint services with Sheridan College in this area or anywhere in the downtown core?
    0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →

Towne Square Concept E - Facelift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base