Option 2 - Westerly Community Centre
• Park and Community Center is focused on Reynolds Street, while drop-off and parking garage access is provided from the Lawson Street intersection
• Single detached residential north of OTHS and parking garage
• Townhouses, served by a private lane, are proposed east of the former high school (OTHS), south of the parking garage
• Single detached lots fronting Allan
• 33 single-detached lots
• 19 townhouse lots
• Density: 21.5 units per hectare (uph)
• Park: 0.56 ha (1.39 acres)
As a current resident of the area east of the proposed development, my preference is for Option #2 with the larger park space, Community Center & Park facing the pretty & well-established Reynolds St. (rather than multiple townhomes). The Urban Square makes sense as a separate entity near the new townhomes in my opinion, keeping the community center away from the townhomes. The larger drop-off loop in Option #2 seems like it will keep potential car congestion more manageable as well. As a mother of a young child, I look forward to making use of the new park space and community center offerings and see it as a valuable use of current residents' tax dollars.
Oz Nuri commented
This is the best option, I live on Reynolds and am already scared walking on the street as there is no space for pedestrians. Any further intensification will be horrible. I also hope that the single lots wont be sold at bulk to a single developer.. there shall be cute little houses build
65 housing units? taking up 1/3 of the property? unacceptable. Build up ,not out.
Where are the 1 storey condo units for the aging baby boomers who will be buying here?
multi storey buildings exist at the north and south end of the property, as well as the parking garage, where is the vision?
we don't need more multi million dollar family homes and townhouses, even if that is what the neighbours want.
Harvey W Aitchison commented
This is by far the BEST of the three options, from my point of view (Reynolds Street resident).