What types of data should the town make available for public use?

The Facilities’ Emissions of Health-Risk Air Pollutants data should be published in Excel format.

Thanks to the Health Protection Air Quality By-law 2010-035, Oakville published a PDF version of facilities' emissions of health-risk air pollutants (http://www.oakville.ca/assets/general%20-%20environment/HPAQBFacilityEmissions-2013Sep30.pdf). The data would be even more usable (and mappable) in an Excel format posted on the Open Data site. Thanks!

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Heather Marshall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Walt W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are days when there is a chemical odor similar to that of paint remover or acetone in the area around Third Line and Speers. It is so strong that I even change my jogging or walking route. I have even noticed the same odor as far as Third Line and West Oak Trails. I have contacted Halton Region and MOE but they didn't have an answer. Thankfully I don't reside or work in those areas. I think Oakville has made strides in improving air quality but there clearly is more work to be done, and there definitely needs to be more controls on the manufacturers who are emitting these chemicals. There also should be a more formal response to concerns regarding pollutants being emitted by the local manufacturers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base