You choose to call Oakville home. Tell us what YOU think makes Oakville most livable or what we need to do to make it more livable?

Citizen Surveys - Ask residents if they are satisfied with the level of property taxes that they are paying

All previous Citizen Surveys indicated that residents were increasingly sensitive to increased taxation. In 2011 it was the fastest growing concern and the second most important issue overall. The 2013 survey excluded any mention of taxes...why?

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Fred stantonFred stanton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rather than being concerned about increased taxation we should be concerned about where those taxes are being spent. Did we really need a new hospital funded by a public private partnership where the local wheeler dealers contribute obscene amounts of money so that their names may live on forever like the grandees of the middle ages who contributed to the building of cathedrals. That is not charity but vanity. And do we need to spend $100 million dollars to redevelop a perfectly functioning Centennial Square. Build it and I doubt they will come.

• Town of OakvilleTown of Oakville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This year’s Citizen Survey is consistent with the 2011 survey and residents were asked the same questions about taxes. The citizen survey results were presented to Council on May 6 and a report card to citizens is on the town’s website, posted at town facilities and in the Oakville Beaver and Oakville Today.

Feedback and Knowledge Base