You choose to call Oakville home. Tell us what YOU think makes Oakville most livable or what we need to do to make it more livable?

Revive Bus route 31 along Bridge road to Bronte Go station

When Bus route 31 was "merged" last year and no longer services Bridge Road between Bronte and Third line many bus users were excluded from transport to Bronte Go station. Yes - one can still take the number 15 bus all the way to Oakville station but if you are traveling west or trying to catch a certain train this is not workable. In addtion, even with the addition of the Bronte south parking lot, there are very few spots avaiable (if any) and by bringing back route 31 along Bridge Road would assist in this issue. I personally went from taking the bus every day to now driving to Bronte Go - adding one more car to the roads and the parking lot. Thank you.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pro public transit Route 31Pro public transit Route 31 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WaltWalt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know this will be met by some harsh criticism, nonetheless in my opinion one one the reasons that Oakville is a safe and family friendly community is due to the poor public transportation services. It keeps the riff raff away and I hope it stays that way.

• dtdt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we seek solutiion for disabled person that needs to commute to hamilton mcmaster from bronte near QEP centre .. I was told there was a bus that went to Go station .. I guess they meant the Oakville Go station .. too bad the Bronte station is closeby

• Town of OakvilleTown of Oakville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Route 31 was cancelled last year due to low ridership. Based on the cost of service relative to its use, Route 31 was not being used at a rate sufficient to warrant the more than $100,000 annual cost of operation. We will continue to investigate opportunities to get our passengers to and from the Bronte GO station.

Feedback and Knowledge Base