You choose to call Oakville home. Tell us what YOU think makes Oakville most livable or what we need to do to make it more livable?

Improve government transparency.

Provide clear communication from our elected officials that help me to understand their areas of focus, the decisions they are making, and how these decisions are moving Oakville forward to be the most livable town.

Rather than requiring citizens to sit through council meetings or plod through detailed meeting minutes to try to learn what our elected leaders are doing for us, use the Oakville website, for example, to provide brief updates.

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brenda PullenBrenda Pullen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mayor Rob BurtonMayor Rob Burton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Check out our Council Highlights at: www.oakville.ca/townhall/council-highlights.html for a convenient summary of recent Oakville Council decisions. Or sign up for our RSS feed at: www.oakville.ca/townhall/rss-feeds.html to have information sent right to your smart phone, computer or tablet. The town’s RSS feeds include Council Highlights, service disruptions, news releases, public notices, upcoming performances at Oakville Centre, and videos on TownTV. You can also stay up-to-date on town information by following @townofoakville on Twitter or liking us on Facebook.

Feedback and Knowledge Base